Saturday, July 31, 2010

~~~Shabby Ambition~~~

Well here are 5 layouts I created for Swirlydoos August kit Shabby Ambition. The papers are just beautiful!! Creative Imaginations really outdid themselves with their beloved line. And Krissy once again put together the prettiest main kit with all the prettiest add ons...Swirlydoos is up and running again in true style. There are quite a few upgraded changes to the site that you are going to love!! We will be doing our very own video tutorials in the near future. The forum for that is already up and waiting. We have fantastic plans for that part of the forum. We are in the process of getting all those lost tutorials back up on the site. Thank You Sue Gray for saving all of them. Makes it so much easier!! You rock!! There is so much talent outside of the Design Team...Those Swirly Subscribers are truly wonderful artists and contribute so much to our scrappy community. Love to you all!!!

"The Magic Of Fireflies"
Here is the LO that I used my digi Lo for. The title is courtesy of one of my Swirly sisters Lisa(lisanovo). Thank you Lisa, perfect title. The gorgeous Vine was created by My Swirly Design Team sister, Angelica, for the kits Embellie add on for this months Shabby Ambition. She sells them in her Etsy shop. Gorgeous!!





"ABUELITA"
My sweet sweet grandmother who we affectionately call Abuelita. She will be 97 soon. I fell in love with the trim that came in the embellie kit this month. I found organza in my stash of colors that matched perfectly. So I created yet another flower following my own tutorial for Burned Organza Flowers. This time I used the Alterations Tattered Flowers die to get this version.





"DELIGHT"
The photo is my daughter on her 15th birthday. Hard to believe she will be going away to attend Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Portland in about 45 days...yes I am counting... I did lots of punching, ribbon weaving (another lost tutorial that will be back up soon) and butterflies from a file I shared and created for this kit. I punched strips from my Moroccan Lace punch, slightly dampened the strips and manipulated them around the circle and glued them down. Easy. The vines are a Sizzix Sizzlets die from a set of 3.






I created this layout using the fabulous August kitShabby Ambition from Swirlydoos. The corner flourish and the purple vine came from my wonderful scrappy friend Faye (Elitescrap). Her family owns 3 Tails Craft & Cards in Australia and she sent me the most awesome products to work with. They have the most beautiful diecuts. I made the Retro Camelot Flowers and layered more flowers underneath. The photo of the bride blowing bubbles was captured in a candid moment at a wedding I shot a few years ago. I gave her fairy wings in Photoshop.
"Wedding Bubbles"


Wet the corner of the paper a little and manipulated it to form the gathered shape and made a rose with my Retro punch and leaves with my MS rose leaf punch and tucked it into the gathered paper.


Just wove some May Arts vine ribbon through the Alterations birdcage die and added the sweet flowers from the kit. Painted and highlighted in gold Lumiere paint.


I created the Retro Camelot flowers for this LO then just added extra layers of flowers underneath. The big one is from my Tattered Flowers die, the smaller ones are the larger Retro punch. Then I just stickled them.




"Sun Kissed"
Just love the Beloved Papers in the August Swirlydoos kit. I created the burned Organza Flower using my original tutorial, but I used the Alterations Tattered flowers die instead of free hand cutting for the flower shapes. This created a fluffy full bloom. Love the Websters Bloomers in the kit. The butterflies were hand picked to match the kit.And I will post them here as well.I just Rock Candy Sticled them.






Here are the butterflies to match the kit.

3 comments:

  1. very pretty all are so beautiful!!
    Have a nice day,Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes! Love these butterflies. Thanks for always sharing. :o)
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work as always, Lisa. I've only made 2 LOs so far with this one. Hope to do more this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!